The developers of PUBG updated the game, The new patch is primarily focused on vehicles and how much damage they give and take, though it also includes some bug fixes and small enhancements.Developer PUBG Corp. says it has “increased damage [dealt] to the vehicle body.” Moreover, it says gunfire to vehicles’ wheels will now deal “significant damage.” Grenades will also do more damage to vehicles from now on. The tweaks don’t stop at the vehicle itself: drivers and passengers will now lose more health from crashing into objects or other vehicles, though pedestrians hit by cars will now receive slightly less damage.
As per PUBG news
Away from vehicles, PUBG Corp. says it has further optimized the input time for controllers and improved the “visual quality” of reticules such as the red dot, 2x, and holographic sights. A bunch of bug fixes are also included in this seventh update–check out the full patch notes at the bottom of this article, via PUBG Corp.
The new patch comes just days after a sixth PUBG Xbox one update was released. That update added a new auto-run ability and refined the game’s controls a little. The battle royale game has also received a new PC update containing bug fixes and other optimizations–check out the full PUBG PC patch notes for more.
Finally, PUBG Corp. recently announced their hit game has reached 4 million players on Xbox one alone. To celebrate, the company is giving away a whole bunch of in-game currency to Xbox players for use on loot crates. Xbox One players will receive 30,000 Battle Points to use on in-game cosmetic items. However, you must have purchased the game and created a character by 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET / 8 AM GMT / 6 PM AEST on January 31 in order to get the bonus. The points will appear on February 1.
PUBG Xbox One Update 7 Patch Notes
- Increased damage to the vehicle body, and significant damage to the wheels when targeted with gunfire
- Increased vehicle damage when successfully targeted with a grenade
- Both driver and passenger will suffer increased injuries from crashing into objects or other vehicles (Dacia, UAZ, and Buggy)
- Slight reduction to player damage when being struck by a vehicle
- Continued optimization to controller input lag
- Visual quality of reticle is improved for Xbox One (Red Dot, Holographic, and 2x Sight)
- Resolved issue where inventory may highlight the wrong column when looting
- The sensitivity setting for 4x Scope is now also applied to the permanent scope on the VSS
- Auto-run (double-clicking the left stick) is disabled when aiming down sights
- Players can now use the D-Pad while in the map view without switching melee, pistol, or throwing weapons
- Removing the marker from the map when pressing (Y) will no longer switch primary/secondary weapons
- Fixed issue where the crosshair is not correctly displayed after players reconnect to a game session